Pay-by-phone IVR handles more than 1,500 calls per month, is PCI Level 1 compliant, and allows MNGI’s customer service staff to spend more time with patients.
— Shannon G., Patient Account Manager
MIAMI, FLORIDA, USA, April 27, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — 1-800 Notify helped solve the problem of overworked billing customer service staff for MNGI Digestive Health by creating an IVR system of Custom phone payment to handle all credit card and bank account payment calls.
MNGI is based in Minneapolis, MN with a complicated patient payment environment, with most patients having 2 active accounts and some up to 4, all with different tax/merchant IDs. 1800 Notify was able to customize the IVR payment flow to clearly present all active accounts for each patient (as they are linked by patient ID) – patients are now notified and can easily choose to pay any active balance.
Challenges faced by the MNGI customer service team:
– The volume of customer service calls was increasing rapidly.
– About half of all callers wanted to make payments or check their balance.
– Patient balances increased due to higher deductible and co-paid health plans.
– COVID has further impacted staffing levels with staff or family members becoming ill.
– It is increasingly difficult to find, hire, train and retain customer service staff
– Most patients had 2 separate account balances, some with 3 or 4 active accounts.
1-800 Notify worked closely with key MNGI staff to create a custom Interactive Voice Response (IVR) payment system that uniquely met the needs of MNGI patients.
Custom 1-800 Notify Phone Payment IVR Features:
– Flexible caller ID and authentication options
– Callers without their account number can still use IVR.
– Alternative validation methods include: phone number, postal code and date of birth
– Use caller ID to further speed up the IVR authentication process
– Present caller with all active accounts (up to 4)
– Callers can choose to pay 1 account and then easily view and pay all other accounts.
– Easily save a payment method to a file for use among all active accounts.
– IVR supports 4 different merchant accounts (one per firm)
– IVR links all active patient accounts using NextGen Patient ID.
– Save significant workload for staff
More than 1,500 calls handled by IVR Payment in one month
Freeing up staff to provide excellent customer service
– Convenient for patients
Patients can now check and pay their balance on nights and weekends when it’s convenient for them.
Patients can hear and pay multiple balances on a single phone call – all without speaking with a staff member.
About MNGI: MNGI Digestive Health is a nationally recognized leader in gastroenterology diagnosis, quality and care. MNGI staff care for patients at more than 10 locations in the Minneapolis area. Surgical procedures are performed at 9 different facilities around the Twin Cities area.
About 1-800 Notify: 1-800 Notify is a leader in Patient Payment Enhancement Systems (Phone Pay IVR, Notify 2 Pay, Text 2 Pay) and Patient Notifications (Appointment Reminders ). Our vision is to make the patient payment experience frictionless. We define “Frictionless” as allowing the patient to pay their balance when they want (24/7), in the way they want (telephone, SMS, e-mail), to be called back by the method that works best for them (phone, SMS, email) and have an easy experience when they want to make a payment (without username or password). We support hundreds of healthcare customers with payment enhancement systems, appointment reminders, and are a HIPAA and PCI Level 1 compliant service provider.
write to us here