Greetings, Arsiens! The Dealmaster is back with another set of deals to share. Today’s deal is marked by a $ 150 rebate on the OnePlus 7 Pro, a device we have called “the fastest, best-designed and best-value-for-money Android phone” on the market. earlier this year.
The deal applies to unlocked models – which work on Verizon and GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile – and brings the phone down to $ 549. OnePlus says this is their official Black Friday discount for the holiday season, and our own Android guru Ron Amadeo told the Dealmaster that he would likely be considered “the smartphone offering of the year”.
You can read Ron’s review from last May for all the details, but in short, the OnePlus 7 Pro was already good value for money at its standard rate of $ 699. Despite being a large phone, it was designed efficiently with no notches or oversized bezels blocking the 6.67-inch 3120×1440 screen. The built-in fingerprint reader and pop-up selfie camera only add to that efficiency, and both work well. This display also supports a 90Hz refresh rate, which makes the device operate noticeably smoother in all areas. The Snapdragon 855 processor, 8GB of RAM, and UFS 3.0 storage keep overall performance as crisp as a high-end phone should. The triple-camera system on the back isn’t the best on the market, but it’s still great value for the money. And the “Oxygen OS” software remains a unique and useful version of Android.
OnePlus makes a few compromises to keep up with its relatively low price: there’s no microSD slot, headphone jack, wireless charging, or always-on display support, and you won’t get security updates as well. faster than a Google Pixel phone. . It’s also worth noting that OnePlus recently released a new phone called the OnePlus 7T, which adds a slightly faster chipset and a flatter screen than the 7 Pro’s slightly curved panel, but includes a notch and a more pronounced camera module to it. the back. The 7T typically starts at $ 599, but with the deal here, there’s little reason to get it over the 7 Pro, which remains a true flagship phone at a mid-price point.
If $ 549 is still too much, OnePlus is also offering last year’s OnePlus 6T for $ 449, which is another $ 150 discount. Either way, OnePlus says these deals will last until December 2.
If you don’t need a new phone, however, we also have a lot more Black Friday deals in today’s roundup, including a ton of discounts on Anker charging hardware, a bundle. Nintendo Switch, holiday prices for the Sony DualShock 4 controller, and more. Take a look at the full recap below.
Note: Ars Technica may receive remuneration for sales from links in this publication through affiliate programs.
Top 10 offers of the day
Deals on laptops and desktops
- HP Envy 13 Laptop – Intel Core i5-8265U, 13.3 inch 1080p, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD for $ 499 at Microsoft (normally $ 849).
- MSI GL75 Gaming Laptop – Intel Core i7-9750H, 17.3 inch 1080p 144Hz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti for $ 1,099 at B&H (normally $ 1,299).
- Dell Inspiron 13 Laptop – Intel Core i7-8565U, 13.3 inch 3840 x 2160, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD + Optane for $ 979.99 at Best Buy (normally $ 1,399.99).
- Dell UltraSharp U2717D 27 inch Monitor – 1440p, IPS, 60Hz for $ 269.99 at Dell (normally $ 399.99).
- Dell UltraSharp U2415 24 inch Monitor – 1920 x 1200, IPS, 60Hz for $ 199.90 on Amazon (normally $ 214.99).
Video game offers
TV and Home Entertainment Deals
- Samsung T5 portable SSD (2TB) for $ 247.99 on Amazon (normally $ 284.99).
- Samsung 860 EVO (2TB) SATA III internal SSD for $ 229.99 on Amazon (normally $ 299.99).
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe M.2 internal SSD (2TB) for $ 329.99 on Amazon (normally $ 479.99).
- SanDisk Extreme microSDXC card (1TB) – U3, V30 for $ 299.99 on Amazon (normally $ 439.99).
- WD Easystore Portable External Hard Drive (5TB) for $ 89.99 at Best Buy (normally $ 169.99).
- WD My Passport Portable External Hard Drive (4TB) for $ 94 at Walmart and Amazon (normally $ 109.99).
- Samsung Evo Select microSDXC card (512 GB) for $ 77.99 on Amazon (normally $ 89.99).